Mar 24, 2018 07:00 AM – Mar 31, 2018 06:00 PM
Saturday, March 24 through Saturday, March 31
Coinciding with APS and RRPS spring breaks is Rise and Try Week, a series of family-friendly, educational, and entertaining experiences offered by the Balloon Museum, which will be open daily, including Monday the 26th. Visit our exhibitions, experience our 4-D Theater and enjoy the North Grounds for a picnic or play time.
Kicking off the week will be Ballooning for All on March 24, 7:00 to 11:00 a.m. This balloon rally (weather permitting) for people of all abilities and special needs takes place on the Balloon Museum’s expansive and scenic North Grounds and features over 15 hot air balloons. Admission is free.
Other Rise and Try Week activities include:
- Drone Race Day on Sunday, March 25, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Walk Up Workshops (3:00 to 5:00 p.m., free with paid museum admission)
- Monday, March 26 – Creativity Toolbox
- Tuesday, March 27 — Cookie Decorating (while supplies last) with Food Network winner Kristin Dowling of Rude Boy Cookies
- Wednesday, March 28 – Iris Folding Balloon Greeting Cards
- Thursday, March 29 – Adult Coloring Balloon Trading Cards
- Friday, March 30 – Professional Photography Tips for your Phone
- Monday March 26 through Friday March 30, guided tours of the museum’s main exhibition and our special exhibition. Arctic Air: The Bold Flight of S.A. Andrée. Free with paid museum admission. Tour times: 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- During Spring Break Family Day, March 28, 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., guests are invited to enjoy kites, balloons, bubbles, gliders, entertainment and hands-on art stations. Bring a picnic or enjoy food truck fare served on the Balloon Museum’s scenic North Grounds. Entry to all activities is included with payment of regular Balloon Museum admission fees.
- The New Mexico Food Truck Festival, March 31, will bring dozens of the state’s best food trucks and craft beers to the North Grounds for a day of food, music, and family-friendly fun.